Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WEEK OF SURGERIES

This is a crazy week for our family! First of all, my mom's husband, Earl, had total hip replacement last Wednesday. He is home now and doing okay, but mom says he's in a lot of pain. He was in so much pain before the surgery, I hope he will feel better soon! He has my mom to take good care of him. I am sure she will be ready for a break before too long. She works so hard all day at Shopko and is on her feet constantly. Don't forget to take care of yourself too mom.

Secondly, Jade had hernia surgery today. He had a hernia repair when he was 8 years old on his left side, and today they repaired the right side. He didn't go in for surgery until after 11:00 and was home and doing okay by 3:00. It seems kind of like drive-through surgery to me! He has suffered with it for a long time waiting for insurance and vacation pay from work. Not a very fun way to spend your vacation Jader ... we love you and hope you heal quickly. Remember to take it easy and not try to do too much too fast. Good thing he has Brit to take good care of him!

Finally, Chelsie has her wisdom teeth removed on Friday. She has been having problems with them hurting her for a while now and that is how she is spending her tax return money ... also not a very fun way to spend money, but has to be done ... good luck Chels and hope you feel better real fast. Brian will take good care of you. It is a good excuse to eat lots of ice cream and pudding, so there could be worse things I guess!

I wish I could be in three places at once to help out with all of you, but I can't so I can only send my love and prayers.

The best thing about this whole day was that I got to watch Branson while Jade and Brit were at the hospital. He is sooooooo darned cute. I love spending any time with him that I get a chance to. He has taken to sucking his two middle fingers, alternating with his thumb, and loves to have his blankie close to his face. He has mastered the art of SQUEALING and is learning to grab toys of course everything goes right to his mouth. I can't put into words how much I love the sweet little guy!



1 comment:

Kandice said...

Oh I just love the little stink pot! It was fun to spend my break with you today. I love you so much.
I hope Jade takes it easy, he wasn't doing much resting while Josh and I were over there!