Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Fun Weekend and Wedding Planning Continued ...

Okay, so I think it's a bit early, but we have Chelsie and Brian's wedding pretty much planned! Chelsie and Brian were able to come home for a three-day weekend and we got SOOO much accomplished. With them living so far away, it is hard to get together very many times between now and July. We were able to meet with the lady that will be doing the backdrop, tables, chairs, centerpieces and all that good stuff on Friday night. They made quick decisions and I am so thrilled to be getting it all done through one company (and for a good price). They are getting married at Mack Park in Smithfield and it is such a beautiful setting and she has so many fun ideas.

On Saturday morning, Chelsie, Cathy and I we went to another bridal fair and got a lot of good ideas.

Saturday afternoon we got the three bridesmaids (Kandice, Brit, and Brian's sister, Cathy) and went dress hunting. January is not a good time to go summer dress shopping. We will have to do that another weekend. We did go to Michael's and buy 72 gerber daisies (HOLY COW). Dress shopping was a lot of fun and we had a lot of LAUGHS! I love shopping with my three girls. By Saturday night, they were able to decide on decorations, a photographer, cake decorator, refreshments and flowers. I feel like they got the biggest part of the "picking" stuff done and out of the way and that is quite an accomplishment for one weekend.

Saturday night we were able to get all of the kids together at Kandice and Josh's house for a belated birthday celebration for Josh. He had wanted the shoes that D-Will (from the Utah Jazz) has endorsed and Kandice and I were able to go to the mall and find them and buy them for him. He was SOOO excited and I love to see Josh happy!


It was so good to get the kids together and laugh and enjoy their company. I will be glad when Chels and Brian can move closer. She has 14 months of school left and then they can focus on coming back closer to home to find a job!

Branson is growing so fast. Today is he is 3 MONTHS OLD!!! I really do think he is smarter than he should be at this age. He has totally learned how to fake cry to get what he wants. I find it funny, but don't think that Brit and Jade find it quite as funny. He has also learned to blow raspberries. It is the cutest thing ever! Jade put him up on his chest while we were all together Saturday night and he would blow a raspberry at Branson, and Branson would do one right back at him. Of course as soon as Brit and I started taking video of it, he stopped but we sure did get some good laughs out of it. He is just so darned CUTE!

I love spending time with my family. I wish they all could live right here close to us forever. It is so great to be able to get together with them and wouldn't want to be any other place.

No comments: