Monday, January 12, 2009

LET THE WEDDING PLANNING BEGIN!

This past weekend Brian's mom, Carla, and I drove out to Twin Falls to see Chelsie and Brian. She wanted us to come out to go with her to a bridal fair. We left VERY EARLY Saturday morning and got there just in time to go to the fair. It was in a beautiful place that sits on the edge of the HUGE gorge just west of the bridge. I have a terrible fear of heights so it was a bit TOO CLOSE to the edge for me, but it was a beautiful place to take pictures. Take a look at the background of these pics.
The bridal fair was nice. They gave away a lot of fun stuff but as hard as she tried, Chelsie didn't win anything. We were able to get a lot of price lists and ideas anyway. They had a fashion show and the dress that Chelsie has picked out was one that was modeled in the fashion show. We teased Brian and asked him if he could guess which dress it was, and he didn't even want to play along and give us an answer. I think he knew that he couldn't give a right answer! He was such a trooper. He trodded around with us all day and never complained. We went to the mall and picked up the band part of her wedding ring and looked for a ring for Brian. We had a good lunch at Chili's and then ...
... GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! Carla, Chelsie and I drove to Jackpot to spend the night. I had a free room and food coupons so it wouldn't cost us anything but gas to drive the 45 miles from Twin. We had a beautiful room, good dinner and a lot of fun. I enjoy spending time with Chels. She makes me laugh! It was a good weekend and so good to see the kids.

She'll be home in two weeks to go to the bridal fair in Logan. Brian politely asked if it would be okay if he sat this one out ... he's all bridal faired out I guess.
Glen stayed home and took care of the critters and painted all of the kitchen cabinets. They look GREAT and so surprised that he got it all done in two days. THANKS HONEY!

3 comments:

slap said...

planning a wedding.....good times, good times!! Have fun!!!

Kandice said...

That bride is so pretty! We need to get out there and see them before they move home. I'm glad you had such a good timw with my baby sis, she's special! Can't wait to go shopping in two weeks.

Kandice said...

OOOOPPS! I meant to say that bridge is so pretty, but that bride is pretty too!!:)